Workplace Violence & Harassment: Instructor-Led Training
HR Proactive Inc. has been helping employers in Ontario and throughout Canada create and maintain respectful workplaces since 1997.
At HR Proactive, we provide engaging, interactive and experiential workshops that are customized to your company’s needs.
This course has been written by subject-matter specialists for employees to participate in training that will help them better recognize, respond to, and protect themselves against all types of workplace violence and harassment.
Topics covered in our Bill 168 - Violence & Harassment Training include:
- What is harassment & discrimination?
- The prohibited grounds of protection under human rights law in Canada
- Psychological harassment and bullying
- Sexual harassment
- How harassment can turn to violence
- Definition of violence
- How domestic violence can spill over into the workplace
- What constitutes a poisoned workplace
- What to do if you are experiencing harassment in the workplace
- Bystander Intervention
- Common sense standards for employee conduct
- Experiential learning that concentrates on developing knowledge and abilities through the experiences of the participants;
- Practical techniques that can be used on the job;
- The encouragement of learning from the knowledge and experiences of the workshop leader(s) and participants;
- A participant guide that provides reference material based on workshop concepts and techniques;
- A Preventing Violence and Harassment in the Workplace (Bill 168) PowerPoint presentation that can be shown as a stand-alone teaching aid;
- The Bill 168 Respectful Workplace 15-minute video that can be shown as an introduction to, or to further emphasize workshop content; and
- A supplemental guide with additional case studies for group discussions. The guide’s appendix features printable case studies as an aid to facilitate group discussions.
The workshop can also be extended by including a lesson on rolling out the employer’s anti-violence and harassment policy.
Ask us How to Customize your Prevent Violence and Harassment Workshop?